What is an AME?

Doctor In A HospitalIf you, your attorney and claims administrator don’t want to go through the state system for creating a QME Panel you can agree on a single physician to conduct the evaluation. This doctor is called an AME (Agreed Medical Evaluator).  The AME doctor can be a QME, but does not have to be as long as everyone agrees on the selection. However, if you would prefer to use a QME, the DWC (Department of Workers Compensation) can provide a list of QME-qualified doctors from which to choose. An important point: You can only obtain a AME if you are represented by an attorney. Once you use an AME , you cannot use a QME afterwards.


Copyright © 2019 Quality Circle Med-Legal Exams | All Rights Reserved
Technical and Design: The Marketing Garage, Los Angeles CA.